CATNIP strongly advocates early-neutering. Where at all possible CATNIP cats are vaccinated, neutered and micro-chipped prior to adoption. Where this is not possible due to a cat's youth and local veterinary practices, they are adopted with a vaccination and/or neutering and/or microchipping agreement. In most cases we would pick the cat up from you, take it off to be vaccinated or neutered, then return it to you.
The exact wording of the rehoming agreement can be see in the sample document at the head of this page (don't just click it, you will lose the form contents - a link will appear in the email sent to you after you submit this form).
If you adopt a cat from NPO CATNIP...
We ask that you:
- In principle, keep the cat indoors at all times, unless we have agreed in writing that the area is reasonably safe for outdoor cats.
- Fit a collar, with a name-tag containing contact details, to all cats without exception.
In addition, we will ask you to sign an "Adoption Pledge". It says... I pledge that:
I acknowledge that:
- I will vaccinate / neuter / microchip the animal, in accordance with the specific adoption agreement;
- I will care for this cat in a responsible manner, as befitting a companion animal;
- I will contact CATNIP within 48 hours if the cat should go missing;
- I will take the cat to the vet for a checkup at least once a year;
- If I become unable to care for this animal, I will not give it to another person without permission
- I will provide appropriate treatment for this cat in the event of illness or accident and will not
allow it to suffer. When treatment is not possible or suffering is imminent, I will have the animal euthanised by a competent veterinarian.
- CATNIP retains the right to call on the cat at any time without notice;
- This animal is in good health unless otherwise stated. CATNIP will not be held responsible for any
illness or fees incurred in the treatment of illness from the date shown on the written adoption agreement form;
- Cats must be given annual vaccination boosters, or as advised by my veterinarian;
- CATNIP retains the right to take an animal back into its care should its standards and conditions not
be met. Adoption fees will not be refunded under these circumstances.